Strangely enough, People get bored, almost too easily.
If you constantly try to sell your ideas, products or services they might unfollow you or worse establish a negative association with your company or brand. This is where third party content plays a very important role. Third party content has the ability not just to educate your audience or followers but also keep them entertained. This creates a circle, but first, let me explain the whole process.
What is Content Creation?
Content creation, according to Hubspot, is the process of generating topic ideas that appeal to your buyer persona, creating written or visual content around those ideas, and making that information accessible to your audience as a blog, video, infographic, or other format. In other words, content creation is about the information that you put out into the world dedicated to attracting new traffic to your business using different types and formats.
Why do we create content?
Content is key to capturing your target audience. When someone types into google ¨how to create a blog¨ and in the results a simple short video on 5 steps on how to create a blog appears, this is the key for your audience to access your website. We use content to build trust with our visitors, build brand awareness, create organic searches (SEO), generate leads, attract customers, convert visitors into leads, lead nurturing, so that our leads can share our content, build brand authority and much more.
How third-party content helps?
Third party content is vital support for content creation and enriches content offers with variation. Hubspot recommends a golden rule: Only 20% of your social media content should promote your own brand, and the other 80% should be dedicated to content that really, truly interests your audience and engages them in conversations. For the most part, curated content will belong in that that 80%. The whole idea is to keep your audience in mind, make sure that you are quenching their knowledge thirst, not just for your brand or company but also other areas they may have interest in.
Where and how to you find it?
What content you need depends on your target audience. What are their interests? What types of information are they looking for? What questions might they have? Depending on these answers you should choose content that best fits them, their needs and of course the format that best fits the platform you are posting this content on. For example, if your company sells kitchen ware you might think about using recipes from blogs as third party content.
There are many tools that lend a helping hand and save you lots of time, Hubspot has even dedicated a post just for these content curation tools.
5 steps for using third party content
1. Investigating the type of content your audience is looking for
Figure out what information your audience wants. Dig deep into their needs, desires and put yourself in their shoes, what do they want to read about? And if they ́re not the type of person to read, then you should be putting your content into a video format.
2. Finding and selecting the correct content for your audience
Once you have thought about what they need and want, find and select the right content for them. Look at blogs, websites, anything that might contain content to keep your audience educated, entertained and more important happy with your work.
3. Check for copy right
You have the content, but does the content have copy right? Can you use this content? Make sure to contact the author and ensure that you can repost or use their content.
4. Sharing content on your marketing channel
Good job! You´ve got the content and the rights to use it. The next step is simple, upload it to your marketing channel and inspire your audience.
5. Very important- do not forget to reference the author!
Don’t forget, you are using their content. Reference their work! After all they might return the favour one day!
If you find yourself looking for other content creation tools, check out this post for a list of 7 amazing content marketing creation tools!