"Inbound Marketing: Marketing with a magnet, not a sledgehammer"
Inbound Marketing is based on content that attracts and nurtures prospects using organic search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. It means acquiring customers by attracting and nurturing prospects with exceptional content, data and customer service, not interrupting them with spam. It means pulling prospects in with a magnet, not beating them over the head with a sledgehammer.
Inbound marketing tactics tend to be cheaper than traditional marketing tactics. Companies that focus on inbound tactics have a 62% lower cost-per-lead than companies that focus on outbound tactics.
Inbound Marketing allows business to:
- Increase sales by reaching customers through natural search and the social web
- Decrease acquisition costs: natural search traffic costs half as much as pay-per-click
- Improve conversion: natural search converts at a 25% higher rate than pay-per-click
- Build stronger brand affinity: become a trusted advisor to your customers
The five steps to inbound marketing methodology powered by the HubSpot software are:
1. Attract customers
Attracting customers can be broken down into three areas – create, optimize and promote. These steps are described below:
- Create – a website and content. This includes landing pages, white-papers, video assets, social media accounts, etc.
- Optimize – Making sure your website and content is visible by search engines with SEO and is easily shareable through social media platforms are critical in today’s competitive internet environment. Plus you want A/B testing functionality to ensure highest optimization levels.
- Promote – Executing campaigns via social media, email, PR, outbound marketing (if needed to get the ball rolling), etc. will help promote your content and drive web traffic.
2. Convert Website Visitors to Leads
Through the use of "Client Offers" and "Calls to Action" (CTAs) and premium content you can build an organic list of leads to nurture and explore for sales opportunities.
3. Convert Leads to Sales
This is mapping your marketing and sales process to be in-line with the prospect's sales cycle and developing the content to nurture prospects to take action and buy. It ensures no leads are missed.
Crocodile Marketing strengths are our 'Outside-In Customer Experience" approach and the use of strategically written lead nurturing emails and properly timed warm calling means the sales cycle can be shortened. It also leads to prospects contacting you directly.
4. Turn Customers into Repeat Customers
Linking technology to your businesses client database like Salefores, SugarCRM, InfusionSoft, CRM Dynamics takes inbound marketing to the next level. With CRM management services and technology available today it’s possible to use content marketing to up-sell, cross-sell and retain your customers. Not only that, but it’s possible to use multiple channels like email, social media, websites, mobile etc. to deliver the on-going communications according to the multi-channel behavior of your existing customers.
5. Analyze for Continuous Improvement
To give your customer's the content that they want, when they want it and how they want it delivered, it is critical to track and analyse the results of your campaign in order to make improvements.
This doesn’t mean to say we are reinventing the whole process of inbound marketing. However, it does allow the business a better investment in this methodology to give customers more and gives the business a major competitive advantage in their market place.
So if technology is interfering with your customers and marketing or you’re not seeing the results you want, Call Us Now on 1300 887 865 or email us at Customers@CrocodileMarketing.com.au for an Inbound Marketing Assessment.