Email is an important part of marketing; however, many marketers fail to use email marketing accurately. They don’t use the right type of email marketing to suit their business' needs, or they engage in inappropriate email practices.
There are six different types of marketing emails that you can use for B2B email marketing campaigns.
But let's take a look at the top 3:
An email newsletter is a periodic publication sent to your prospects or directly to your customer's inbox. The content of an email newsletter must be engaging and relevant to the industry. It may also include your company's recent blog post, new product information, subscriptions, press releases, and more.
Most importantly, you should know what your goal is - what is it that you want to achieve with your newsletters? If you are a B2B company, you may want to nurture your existing contacts so you'll be the first brand they'll think about when they need a product or service.
Brand awareness is the top benefit of email newsletters. By sharing engaging content with your readers, you'll get positive interest for your business. Email newsletters also allow you to share various types of content with many businesses simultaneously, and repurpose old, but popular content, to generate new traffic to your site.
A newsletter provides a lot of information or content for the reader. A digest, on the other hand, briefly summarizes relevant content for your recipient. A digest also contains links to the information source. A digest could also provide a quick view of your company's activity over a certain period of time.
Here are the top reasons why you should use a digest over a newsletter:
- Easy for your target audience to find what they are really interested in
- Allows you to drive more traffic to specific pages
- Its format is easy to design, so it saves you time
If you think you have a lot of information or content that you want to send out to your target audience on a daily basis, or if your target customers prefer easy to read short summaries rather than complicated emails, then an email digest is an excellent option.
Dedicated emails are also known as "stand-alone emails". They are concerned with one topic at a time. Whether you want to discuss a new product or promote your own e-book, this type of email will give readers an in-depth review of just one thing.
If you wish to use dedicated email for your B2B Email Marketing campaigns, there are many advantages, including:
- Your message and CTA or call-to-action are highly targeted, giving the CTA more impact than it would have had when used as part of a newsletter.
- One of the good things about using dedicated email is simplicity; it’s focused on a single issue which keeps your template simple and easy to create.
- It's easy and accurate to track results. Since your email is focused on one subject, you can accurately track the views and CTR of the email.